Call Today: (201) 445-8381
Call Today: (201) 445-8381

Are Parents Obligated to Pay for a Child’s College Expenses?

  • The parents often agree in writing in their Marital Settlement Agreement to contribute to the cost of tuition, room and board, and fees at college.  
  • However, if the child is not already in college or applying to college, their actual dollar or percentage contribution cannot be determined until the child applies to college.  
  • One way to divide the costs of college is to proportionately divide the costs based on each party’s share of their total gross income at the time the child applies to college.

Contact Us

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message

Connect With Us: